Haughton St. Giles C.E. (C) Primary Academy
Vision, Motto, Values and Mission Statement
Children at Haughton St Giles Primary Academy flourish through experiencing an engaging enriching and exciting curriculum, their beliefs and achievements are shared, celebrated and supported within our caring Christian community so all can “dream to achieve.”
‘Dream to Achieve’
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13
Dream to achieve captures our belief that children should be guided to work hard, stay focussed and never give up on their dreams allowing each of them to strive to become the very best they can be.
At Haughton St. Giles we have six School Christian Values that are embedded and promoted through everyday school life and our exciting curriculum; these are shared by our school community.
‘Pay others the honour and respect you owe them.’ Romans 13
‘Be strong and brave! Don’t be afraid and don’t panic, for I, the Lord your God, am with you in all you do.’ Joshua 1:9
‘Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.’ Galatians 6:4
‘And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them so that your Father in heaven may forgive you.’ Mark 11:25
‘Trust in the Lord with all your heart.’ Proverbs 3:5-6
‘Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.’ Corinthians 16:13
We focus on one of these values each half term which we link with RE, PSHE and Collective Worship as appropriate.
Our vision, motto and Christian Values are expressed through our school mission statement.
- provide a Christian community where there are strong, caring relationships based upon mutual trust, demonstrated through courtesy, forgiveness and reconciliation.
- provide opportunities for our children to thrive and develop spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially.
- encourage pupils to develop the ability to persevere and be resilient.
- encourage our children and staff to take pride in themselves and the work that they do.
- have at our heart collective worship, contributing towards the spiritual development of both children and adults.
- provide high quality religious education that encourages children to consider all aspects of faith.
- prioritise the safety of our children and staff within our Christian community.
- provide support for good mental health and well-being of our children and staff so that all feel respected and valued.
- ensure that our school gives children the opportunity to understand and respect difference and diversity knowing that we are all unique creations of God.
- help our children to develop lifelong values so that they can contribute successfully to their local community and navigate an increasingly complex national and global community.
- encourage all children, irrespective of background or ability, to flourish academically and creatively, thereby fulfilling their God-given potential so that they achieve their dreams.