In the case of extreme weather, any decision whether or not to close the school will be
taken as early as possible. The Head of School will consult with our site staff at 7:00am and
make a decision about whether school will remain open. In the event of disruption caused
by heavy snow the prime concern of the school must always be the safety of the pupils and
staff. Each school closure is logged on a daily basis after reassessment of conditions of the
site and the surrounding area and the supervision of pupils.
Emergency Closures outside the school day (e.g. snow closures)
Once a decision has been made to close the school, the following actions will take place:
- At 7:15am A text will go out to all parents informing them of the closure and the reason
- A post will go on the school website detailing the closure and the reason
- Information of the closure will also be available on the Staffordshire County Council School Closure website. Please click on link below:
At 4pm an update of the closure will take place and the above be repeated if we are staying closed.
If we should reopen then the following procedure will take place:
- A text will go out to all parents informing them that the school will reopen
- A post will go on the school website detailing the reopening of the School
- Information of the school reopening will be available on the Staffordshire County Council School Closure
Emergency Closures within the school day
If the school has to be closed during the school day, the school will begin a procedure for
contacting parents as soon as possible that the school is being closed, through text alerts. In such occasions, our main aim is to ensure the safety of the children on the school site
whilst waiting to be collected.
If you update your mobile telephone number please ensure you advise the school office
who will then update our system with the new number.